Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Kate Russell and Joey Medeiros of Hopkinsville Brewing Company are here today on The Brewer’s Life Podcast. Both of these outstanding brewers have contributed heart, passion, and dedication to their art. It’s this love that makes this brewery something truly special. Hopkinsville Brewing Company opened its doors September of 2016, and has been brewing amazing beers ever since.
On today’s show, Kate speaks to the origin and founding of Hopkinsville Brewing Company. She has tons of insight that only someone who has braved the start-up process can speak to. Both Kate and Joey are brewers with academic credentials to back up their expertise. When these two speak you can tell they know their craft, and are happy to share some of their brewing techniques and secrets with the listener.
- Kentucky’s three tier beer distribution system
- Beer recipe formulation
- Building a community and following for your brewery
- Creating a business that excels at service
- Hiring staff to maintain a home-work balance
- Brewing on a 2.5 BBL system
- The Brewer’s Notice and “build out” process
- Planning for the slow season and making it a positive
- Growing a brewery intelligently
- Getting an education in brewing
- What it takes to be a successful brewery
CONNECT WITH THE BREWERY:
- The Flavor Thesaurus: A Compendium of Pairing, Recipes and Ideas for the Creative Cook by Niki Segnit
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
To get in on the conversation:
- Leave us some feedback in the comments below.
- Ask a question or drop a line at email@example.com.
- Share this show on Facebook or Twitter.
To help out the show:
- Leave a sincere review on iTunes. Every bit of feedback goes a long way, and I really do read your comments. With your help, I can make the show even better!
- Subscribe on iTunes.
- Help us out by going to Amazon through any of our links or using the Northern Brewer link below to make purchases you’d make anyway.
(These are affiliate links and with full disclosure we do make a small commission on any purchases. However, every product or service recommended is personally used by the site, and we’ll never point you to anything we don’t use ourselves!)
Special thanks once again to Kate and Joey for this awesome conversation!
Keep on brewin’.
NEED BREWING SUPPLIES?
ORDER THROUGH OUR LINK AND SUPPORT THE SHOW TODAY